Monday, August 15, 2011

The New School Year

Starting the new school year is going to be completely different from any other year.  The reason for that is all the tools that I've been introduced to in my classes from my teachers, colleagues and books.  I want to start the year incorporating technology little by little.  There are so many tools to use and you can't use all of them.  But, I believe that technology is the key to changing learning in classrooms.  Especially, in districts with low performing schools.  These are some of the digital tools I would like to use in my classroom this year:
  • Blogs
  • Wikis
  • Podcasting
  • Digital Stories
  • Moodle
  • Wordle
  • More use of Interactive Whiteboards
This is a good start.  I am going to strive to incorporate these to the best of my ability.  The key is to learn as I'm going with my students and if something doesn't work out the first time not to go crazy.  I like control, but I have to learn how to let go a little and let things happen organically.

No comments: